Saturday, July 26, 2008

Story of our Lives, Vol. 0.5, part the second

Here's the second part of the 80's collection, covering roughly from 1986 to early 1989.

(track listings are in comments)

81 Honda Civic ('86-89; named after the car that I was given permission to drive by my mother after I turned 16. This is mostly pop music with some club/dance that was played mostly on Q104)

John Lander's Hit Music USA ('87-88; named after a syndicated show that aired on Saturday nights on Q104)

Camelot Music ('87-89; stuff that wasn't played on the radio but was discovered when the best record store of my youth (before the arrival of Slip Disc in Saks) came to Gadsden Mall. A great hodge-podge of things)

R.I.P. Christy C.
('85-'88; the most personal of this collection. In tribute to a girl that I held a debilitating crush for about 3 years. The music in this file is still hard for me to listen to at times, although after I wrote her a letter telling her how much I liked her, the love-sickness died away. She was always dating someone else, anyway, and by the time I got around to writing her (I was too chicken-shit to tell here face-to-face), she was practically engaged to the man that she would stay married to until her untimely passing in a car accident a couple of years back. So, this is my Ultimate Mix-Tape to Christy)

Enjoy!

1 comment:

Jim Hardy said...

81 Honda Civic:

1 Nite and Day - Al B Sure
2 Need You Tonight - INXS
3 The Time of My Life - Dirty Dancing
4 Animal - Def Leppard
5 My Perogative - Bobby Brown
6 Word Up - Cameo
7 True Colors - Cyndi Lauper
8 Luka - Suzanne Vega
9 Brilliant Disguise - Bruce
10 I Think we're Alone Now - Tiffany
11 White Horse - Laid Back
12 Got My Mind set on You - George Harrison
13 These Dreams - Heart
14 Hazy Shade of Winter - Bangles
15 You Got It (The Right Stuff) - New Kids
16 Wild Thing - Tone Loc
17 Girlfriend - Peebles
18 Mercedes Boy - Peebles
19 New Sensation - INXS
20 Breakout - Swing Out Sister
21 What I Am - Edie Brickell
22 I don't want to live without You - Foreigner
23 Waiting for a Star to fall - Boy Meets Girl
24 Touch of Grey - Grateful Dead
25 Tell Me I'm not Dreaming - Jermaine Jackson
26 Looking for a New Love - Jody Whatley
27 The Rain - Oran Juice
28 Sledgehammer - Peter Gabriel
29 She Drives Me Crazy - Fine Young Cannibals

John Lander's

1 Casanova - LeVert
2 The Flame - Cheap Trick
3 Father Figure - George Michael
4 She's Like the Wind - Patrick Swayze
5 Should've Known Better - Richard Marx
6 Candle in the Wind (live '87) - Elton John
7 I want Her - Keith Sweat
8 Angel Eyes - Jeff Healey
9 Don't be Cruel - Bobby Brown
10 Don't Shed a Tear - Paul Carrack
11 I found Someone - Cher
12 Never gonna give You up - Rick Astley

Camelot Music

1 Paper in Fire - John Mellencamp
2 Devil Inside - INXS
3 Good Love - Prince
4 True Faith - New Order
5 Last Caress/Green Hell - Metallica
6 Silver and Gold - U2
7 Cherry Bomb - John Mellencamp
8 Behind the Wheel/Route 66 megamix - DM
9 Wild Side - Motley Crue
10 Since I've been Loving You - LZ (from Song Remains the Same)
11 I want to be Your Man - Roger and Zapp
12 How Come U don't call Me anymore - Prince (live '85)
13 Cult of Personality - Living Colour
14 Rain Song - LZ (from SRtSame)
15 I would never turn My Back on You - Terence Trent D'Arby
16 Bitchin' Camaro - Dead Milkmen
17 Irresistible Bitch - Prince (live '85)
18 Proud to be Black - Run DMC
19 I Could Never take the Place of Your Man - Prince (from Sign o the Times DVD)
20 Pump Up the Volume - MARRS
21 What's On Your Mind - Information Society
22 Fast Car - Tracy Chapman
23 Patience - GnRoses
24 Running to Stand Still - U2
25 Ice Cream Days - Jennifer Hall
26 Adagio for Strings - Barber
27 Rocket Queen - GnRoses

R.I.P. Christy C.

1 Life in a Northern Town - Dream Academy
2 Holding Back the Years - Simply Red
3 Head over Heels - Tears for Fears
4 If You Leave - OMD
5 Be Near Me - ABC
6 Drive - Cars
7 I want to know what Love Is - Foreigner
8 Lady in Red - Chris DeBurgh
9 Everytime You Go Away - Paul Young
10 Missing You - John Waite
11 Condition of the Heart - Prince
12 I'm on Fire - Bruce
13 Nothing Compares 2 U - The Family (the original)
14 Let's Pretend we're Married - Prince
15 With or Without You - U2
16 Everybody wants to Rule the World - Tears for Fears
17 Hello - Lionel Ritchie