Friday, July 18, 2008

"Confusticate and bebother victory! My only hope is to be taken prisoner as quickly as possible..."

Since I got a very good response to LotR, here's the unabridged "Hobbit", read by the same man, Rob Inglis, and procured from Utorrent.

I'm posting three zips at a time. The files are much larger than LotR (LotR was only 64 kbps; Hobbit is 192k's) and I'm also throwing the compleat "Hobbit" OST from the Rankin-Bass version; after going through some of my data-cds (my computer is dead and I refuse to buy an Ipod; I play all my stuff on a Sony mp3-cd player (have to retain SOME old-school habits), I found it buried behind a Willie Nelson concert from 1978 and Gordon Lightfoot's greatest hits.

Enjoy!

An Unexpected Party

Roast Mutton/A Short Rest

Over Hill and Under Hill/Riddles in the Dark

"...the Dwarves of Yore/Made Mighty Spells/
While Hammers fell like Ringing Bells..."

4 comments:

BBanzai said...

thanks yet again...

The PopCulturist said...

Thanks so much for posting all this Tolkien. Many are forever in your debt. I just wanted to say in the way of feedback that I have had oodles of problems trying to download the files from mediafire. Maybe it's just me, but I'd suggest/request that you use a different file sharer for future postings.

Anonymous said...

Man I'm lovin this. I still know all the words to these songs. Whered you get this anyway?

bzak said...

Howdy,

Thanks for posting this. Any chance part 3 could be re-upped?