Friday, August 22, 2008

"I'm a star, I'm a star, I'm a big bright shining star..."

After finding the second part of the Dazed and Confused soundtrack online (I had owned a "hard copy" before; my ex-wife apparently confiscated it), I got to thinking about the songs they left off both the soundtracks to Dazed and Boogie Nights. Then I thought about the fact that they took the songs out of chronological order from the movie. Which led to IMDB. Which led to watching movies to pick out, then make a list of the order of the songs. Which led to what you have before you now: what I call the "Master Editions" of both Dazed and Confused and Boogie Nights; every song played in the movie in the order in which it was played. I consider these to be anybody's basic Introduction to Rock (Dazed) and Disco/funk/wotaveyou (BN) in The 70's. Both contain over 30 songs (Dazed has some choice quotes from the film alongside the music), so go to IMDB to find the track listings.





Dazed and Confused (Master Edition) Part 1

Dazed and Confused (Master Edition) Part 2

Boogie Nights (Master Edition) part 1

Boogie Nights (Master Edition) part 2

Enjoy!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Excellant! Thank you.

Anonymous said...

I meant to add to the previous post - Greetings from a fellow Alabamian(Huntsville). My sister-in-law hails from Gadsden.

Anonymous said...

Hey, long time no post! Any chance of reupping Boogie pt 1? The link is dead on mediafire.

Thanks for all the cool stuff you've posted!