Thursday, August 7, 2008

The Best Albums Ever...

...or, at least, my favorites. Let me start off with the fact that, thanks to the internet, I now own almost every single album that I've ever had or wanted over the past 37 years of my life. Since I started this blog, I've decided to forgo the ban on compleat albums and post the 20 or so of the ones that I feel are the best ever. Notice that there are no Led Zeppelin, Elton John or Elvis records here; that's because I consider their entire work to be wonderful and can't possibly break it down to one or two albums. Prince is the same way, after a fashion, but I can provide the two best, including what I feel to be the best albums of all time: Sign O the Times.

Since Prince is famous for having lawyers scan the internet for his work so as to delete it and/or sue, I'll simply refer to him as The Kid, after his nom de plume in Purple Rain.

But first, let me give the best two soundtracks for all time, or, at least for one, the soundtrack that has absolutely no filler. First, Vince Gualraldi's A Charlie Brown Christmas, then Trent Reznor's Natural Born Killers. (Yes, this is one Hell of a pair - yen and yang- but it works)

"Christmastime is Here..."



"A moment of realization is worth a thousand prayers."

"Well, let's give that key lime pie a day in court, and a big old glass of non-fat milk, if you please."

No comments: